Crisis Birth Prevention: Teen Variation
- Pediatric Wellness Advisor
- Crisis Birth Prevention: Teen Variation
What’s crisis birth prevention employed for?
If you are currently expecting, crisis delivery control shall never stop the maternity. You may determine that you need to have emergency contraception if:
- You’d intercourse without the need for any birth prevention.
- Your average birth prevention method failed when you had been making love. As an example, a condom broke or slipped down.
- You’d intercourse after lacking 2 or maybe more birth prevention pills in a line.
- You had been obligated to have intercourse without security (rape).
How exactly does it work?
The two primary kinds of crisis birth prevention are:
- Crisis birth prevention pills (ECP)
- Copper IUD (intrauterine device)
Crisis birth prevention pills may also be called morning-after pills and brands that are several available. The pills contain female hormones. They may operate in a few how to avoid maternity, such as for instance:
- Stopping the production of an egg through the ovary
- Stopping fertilization (as soon as the semen joins with all the egg)
- Thickening the mucus of this cervix, which makes it difficult for semen to achieve the egg
- Keeping a fertilized egg from connecting to your womb
Crisis birth prevention pills should be used just as feasible after non-safe sex. With respect to the form of medicine when you look at the pills, the pills should be taken no later than 72 to 120 hours (less than six days) after intercourse.
The majority of women aren’t getting pregnant if the pills are taken by them within 3 times after intercourse. Continua a leggere